Tuesday 30 December 2008

Advent 4

I know this is a week late, due to me having to make last minute rearrangements for Christmas. I was going to was wish you all a Merry Christmas, and mention that the excesses of food and wine this week would have been helped by those of you who are, shall we say, a bit older than myself, possibly stocking up on Christmas cheer at an outlet in Nottingham and Worksop called Skinnner and Rook.

In Nottingham the manager of this shop in the late 1950s and early 1960s was Clive Johnstone-Wilson. In the pre-decriminalisation days of homosexuality Clive was a rampant bisexual orgy-lover (much to the chagrin of his wife).

In true Advent spirit I will leave you this year with a feeling of anticipation of what revelations are to come ahead. There's so much to look forward to in 2009, not least of all LGBT History Month in February. Nottinghamshire's Rainbow Heritage is planning a number of events to celebrate. So I'll leave more about Clive Johnstone-Wilson, and his more famous brother the writer Angus Wilson, until next year.

From me, and Nottinghamshire's Rainbow Heritage, have a Happy New Year.

To return to Nottinghamshire's Rainbow Heritage click on www.nottsrainbowheritage.org.uk

No comments: